Saturday, July 26, 2014

If you're lucky enough to be at the beach, you're lucky enough:


JP and I have just returned from a fabulous week-long (and much needed) vacation at the beach!
Capistrano Beach, to be exact. In San Clemente, California. 

I've vacationed there every summer with my whole extended family since before I can remember and it's where JP proposed to me 3 years ago!
And what a fabulous week it was. As we were packing up to come back home we all agreed that we couldn't remember a week that has gone by so quickly or a vacation that was so hard to leave from. It was just such a wonderful little respite from real life!
We stayed in a beautiful beach house, right on the sand and steps away from the sea. We swam in the ocean, kayacked with dolphins (twice!), boogie-boarded for hours, read books on the sand, played games every night, laughed til we cried, and came away from it all with a renewed determination to own a beach house someday ;)

^^^me, JP, and my little brother!


^^^ There were many intense games of "Spikeball"






^^^ the house had this neon sign that we thought was pretty ironically humorous

^^^ my dad caught a 30lb tuna fish! That then got turned into the most delicious ceviche and seared tuna I have ever eaten, ever.









I am thoroughly convinced that if you're lucky enough to be at the beach, you are lucky enough.

4 comments:

  1. Come to Australia again and we can hit the beach all you like!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lucky duck, I wish I were at the beach right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like it belongs in a movie!
    Such a fun way to spend the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha David is OBSESSED with Spikeball, he brings it along to any vacation or BBQ we've been to this summer. Glad you guys had fun, looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete