Monday, September 23, 2013

A Heartbreaker of a Game:


So I'm not the most hard-core football fan out there. 
In fact, if I go to a game I mostly go for the social aspect/the food. 

BUT this weekend BYU had a game that was an exception!
We played our rivals - the University of Utah! And you better believe I knew what was going on for more than 50% of that game! Baby steps.

Now, I'm not going to get into the details of the rivalry that's been around since the beginning of time, but basically BYU hates Utah, and vice versa. It's a big emotionally-charged game every year and it always blows up my twitter feed the week (month) before the game with all this talk of who's team is better, why Utah fans are the worst, why BYU fans are even MORE the worst, etc. 
You know, real important classy banter haha. 

But the game! oh the game! It was a heartbreaker. 
It was a low-scoring one where you had hope up until the last minute just to have it crushed. 
(BYU lost)

But it was still so much fun, and I still love my cougars. AND it was really great because it was a "throwback" game which meant everyone wore royal blue and the football team even had royal blue jerseys!
You know how I'm a sucker for themed events ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment