Sunday, November 27, 2011

It's Beginning to Smell a lot like Christmas


So yesterday I might have gone a little bit crazy in decorating for Christmas... I LOVE Christmas! And one of my absolute favorite parts is the "Christmas Smell."
You know what I am talking about. 

So after I was all done decorating (which took a surprising amount of time, considering our apartment is, umm, one room haha) I dragged Jean Paul to the store to buy spices to make the "Christmas Smell." 
And I have since fallen in love with it, and so I've decided to share the recipe, which I found online, so I don't claim it as my own.

Enjoy!

5-6 Cinnamon Sticks, Broken.
1 tbsp. Lemon Peel
1 tbsp. Orange Peel
2 tbsp. Whole Cloves
1 tbsp. Nutmeg
1-2 tbsp. Whole Allspice
1 tbsp. Bay Leaf Pieces
3-4 slices dried apples (optional) 

Mix all ingredients with a good amount of water and simmer on your stove for as long as you want your house to smell like Christmas!





2 comments:

  1. I have literally been looking for this very thing for the past month, no joke. Thanks for posting it :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matson would love this. Maybe we will try it! How long has it lasted for or how long is it suppose to last for?

    ReplyDelete