Monday, September 17, 2012

Utah State Fair

Let me tell you a little something, I think the Utah State Fair is one of the best kept secrets around. 
Well, it's not exactly a secret, but Mr JP and I had never been so to us it was a whole new experience!
We went with our friends Markell and Jared, who are hilarious, and so basically I didn't stop laughing the entire night. 


I think the night can be divided into 3 main categories: 
Food, animals, and rides. 
(you might remember mine and Markell's love for animals from this post)



Between the chocolate-covered donuts, 
shredded pork, 
funnel cakes, 
scones, 
peach/salted caramel ice cream, 
deep-fried cheese (we had to, right?)
frozen lemonade (worst purchase of the night), 
$3 bottles of water, 
cotton candy, 
and sugared cashews 
I really think we managed to sample a wide range of the delicacies the Fair had to offer. 






















As for the animals; we frolicked with the pigs, Markell and Jared held a bird, a lamb tried to eat my hair, we all paid $1 to see an alligator that I am 65% sure was dead... Mr JP attempted to milk a cow,  and we saw a MASSIVE bull. 
Which I was just a little afraid of. But only because its head weighed as much as my whole body. 








And the RIDES. 
Best part of the Fair for sure. 
Even better because Jared gets motion sick and we somehow convinced him to go on every single one. 
Including the GRAVITRON. 
Which was the craziest thing I have ever done. 
That's the one where you are inside an orb thing, standing against the wall and it spins super fast and you can't even tell you are spinning, you suddenly just realize that you are totally pinned against the wall and have to fight gravity to move.



A night out at the Fair would be a complete failure without riding the ferris wheel:




 And this picture sums up all of our emotions regarding the GRAVITRON:


Hahaha. 
We'll be back next year for sure. 

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. SO jealous! I've always wanted to go to the State Fair! I miss you pretty girl. Let's be friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 I am incredibly jealous! Wish we had a fun state fair in Alabama!
    #2 I've got to experience the Gravitron!
    #3 The last time I went to a state fair a horse ate my hair, ha!

    ReplyDelete